Moving on from our tried and tested Twintercooler setup on the Mk5 and Mk6, this intercooler has been designed to run in parallel with the stock core, or if you prefer for the ultimate cooling solution you can use it with our FMMK7FMIC intercooler (which mounts in the stock location and offers much improved cooling by itself). The Twintercooler core sits out in front of the standard radiator/intercooler/air con condensor pack and as such is in the direct line of all the cold air coming in the front of the car through the main lower grille. This core is absolutely proven on road and track cars and continues to be an excellent and worthwhile addition to a stock or tuned VW.
Once again we have proven data on dyno and road showing that the twintercooler core by itself with no other modifications gave a huge 20°C (69°F) drop in temperatures. Comparison runs were carried out on the same day on the same dyno and in ambient temperatures of 6°C (42°F). See one of the standard run and the Forge Twintercooler run for yourself. Power and torque increased a little but bear in mind that these engines are only supposed to output 220bhp, yet we have seen them range from 230- 250bhp completely stock, and there are various limitations imposed on the stock ECU. Once remapped, the power available from the much lower intake temperatures will be able to be fully realised.
The twintercooler gives an extra 6.1 litres of capacity to your intercooler system along with a further 1016 square centimetres of frontal surface area to help improve your engine inlet air temperatures. The twintercooler has a width of 635mm x height 160mm x depth 60mm and the inlet and outlet tube size is 60mm.
No bumper modification is necessary to fit this intercooler*. All parts needed and full instructions are included, and total installation time is less than 2 hours.
- Twintercooler technology
- Unique twin core design retaining the OEM intercooler
- 10-15 BHP increase on a stock car
- Over 15-20°C drop in ambient cooling temperatures
- Includes necessary hardware and instructions for installation
- Dyno proven horsepower and torque gains
- High flow cast end tanks ensuring optimum air transition for cooling efficiency
- No cutting of the vehicle is required to fit this product
- The unique Forge Silicon hoses supplied in the “Twintercooler “ kit were designed on Solid works and have been created to include an expensive inner liner of modified silicone known as Flurosilicone. This liner means that the hoses are suitable for use with modern long-life coolants, Organic Acid Technology coolants (O.A.T.) and oil mist. The use of a Flurosilicone liner ensures that Forge silicone hoses are the best, longest lasting, and preferred choice of the discerning car enthusiasts. The construction of the hoses has been engineered to exceed that of the OEM fitments, and will enhance any engine bay both technically and aesthetically.
- This product comes complete with our lifetime warranty.
PLEASE NOTE: THE ORIGNAL O-RINGS/SEALS MUST BE RETAINED FOR USE ON THE FORGE HOSES
*This will not fit if your vehicle if it has Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) radar sensor.
Please Note: In line with our policy to constantly review, revise, and improve our product range, the appearance of the product you receive may differ from the one advertised.
Twintercooler for Golf GTi Mk7
All Forge Motorsport products come with a limited lifetime warranty. All warranty claims must be accompanied by the original proof of purchase to enable us to help you. Failure to supply this proof will result in your claim or enquiry being denied.
For further information, please call our customer service team on +44(0)1452 380999 or email email@example.com.
Do not use aggressive (acidic) car cleaning products, particularly traffic film remover solutions or shampoos to clean your intercooler, radiator or oil cooler. The use of these products can damage Forge Motorsport cooling systems and invalidate your warranty. These are often found at car washes. A light, warm, soapy solution (free of harsh acidic cleaning compounds) should be used to clean you cooler and thoroughly rinsed away. We recommend that you should inspect your product on a regular basis for bent and/or crushed fins. Any bent fins should be carefully straightened to allow ambient air to pass through the core face. At the time of installing your Forge radiator, an approved coolant must be used and added to the coolant system. Be sure you never mix coolant and always use distilled water.
Carbon Fibre Intake Kit for Volkswagen, Audi, Seat, Skoda 2.0 TSI EA888 GEN 3
Manufacturer: Forge Motorsport
Blow Off Valve for Ford Focus RS MK3 & Vauxhall Adam, Astra, Corsa, and more
Manufacturer: Forge Motorsport