This installation is similar to all our other intercoolers for the transverse FSI and TSI VAG engines with the addition of a second front mounted core in a parallel configuration to the existing OEM front mount. This provides for the greatest possible cooling efficiency with the least negative side effects and least modification to the vehicle for installation. This particular kit is completely unique to the Golf R application, sharing no other parts with any other TWINtercooler kit we offer. Due to some unique space constraints of the MK6 Golf R platform, this kit has a unique core, which is slightly thinner than our other cores, but it is also wider and taller, giving it overall more surface area for heat dissipation. The end tanks and mounting brackets are also unique to this application. Before and after Dyno testing quickly showed the significant gains of this intercooler were achieved in the upper range, whilst on road testing highlighted the reduction in inlet temperatures . Those involved could not believe how well this intercooler worked so well in combination with the performance software upgrade, with the engine continuing to pull hard where it had previously felt as if the power flattened off. This kit is availble with Red, Blue, or Black Hoses, simply select your choice in the options below. Please note: This intercooler does NOT fit USA models of this vehicle due to differences in the crash bumber design. For our USA model version see FMINTGOLRUS. This kit is only available with Black Hoses
- World’s first “Twintercooler “ technology.
- Unique Twin Core design retaining the OEM intercooler.
- 10-15 BHP increase on a stock car.
- Over 15 -20 Degree drop in ambient cooling temperatures
- Includes necessary hardware and instructions for installation.
- Dyno proven horsepower and torque gains
- High flow cast end tanks ensuring optimum air transition for cooling efficiency
- NO CUTTING of the vehicle is required to fit this product
- The unique Forge Silicon hoses supplied in the “Twintercooler “ kit were designed on Solid works and have been created to include an expensive inner liner of modified silicone known as Flurosilicone.
- This liner means that the hoses are suitable for use with modern long-life coolants, Organic Acid Technology coolants (O.A.T.) and oil mist.
- The use of a Flurosilicone liner ensures that Forge silicone hoses are the best, longest lasting, and preferred choice of the discerning car enthusiasts.
- The construction of the hoses has been engineered to exceed that of the OEM fitments, and will enhance any engine bay both technically and aesthetically.
- This product has been “designed to last a lifetime “
- Beware of “Forgeries “
Please Note: In line with our policy to constantly review ,revise and improve our product range, the product you receive may differ from the one advertised.
ShippingThe shipping cost will vary based on your location and your order.
Please check the tick box if you wish to be notified if the shipping cost is over $15.00
If under $15 or if you fail to select the option, to be notified, your order will automatically ship.