Suspension and Spring Specification – BMW Mini R56
- The Forge Motorsport suspension gives you the best balance between performance & comfort.
- With 32 levels of dampening adjustability the suspension kit can be set to any preference, for track or street driving, and adjust both bump and rebound at the same time
- Pillow ball top mounts on the front shocks in order to dial out excessive camber
- Manufactured from carbon steel 52mm diameter seamless tube (to JIS G3445 and DIN2393).
- A 44mm linear characteristic internal piston provides the best dampening response for the tube diameter.
- High quality mono tube shock design
- The high viscosity oil used in the damper ensures the very best and most efficient shock-absorbing action.
- The length of the shock can be adjusted, preventing the need to adjust the spring perch like on a normal coil-over, and so offering the maximum shock-absorbing travel.
- Cold drawn springs are manufactured from high strength steel (to SAE9252).
- Spring rates of 6kg/mm (front) and 4kg/mm (rear) for Mini R56
The Forge Suspension System has been developed with fast road and track driving in mind, but for those that prefer more show than go, it also offers a two stage lowering system that takes your car from low to really low !
Firstly the shock body itself is adjustable in length which means that you don’t have to make the spring shorter in order to lower the car. This means that ride quality can be maintained as the spring stays at its optimum length and the travel of the shock (i.e. its ability to absorb bumps) isn’t affected. On the Mini R56 we suggest lowering up to 55mm front and 55mm rear, This makes it perfect for track use where a lower centre of gravity is desireable, but also doesn’t make the ride overly hard.
Secondly the length of the spring can be adjusted, just like a normal coilover, so as the spring gets shorter the car gets lower.
This does also mean that if the shock is adjusted AND the spring platform adjusted at the same time, you can obtain huge drops over stock but you will need supporting modifications in order to run a regular road car this low, along the lines of fully adjustable control arms, and possibly chassis modifications, so that your camber, caster and toe settings can stay as close to factory settings as possible. This is really only recommended for show purposes.
Please Note: In line with our policy to constantly review, revise, and improve our product range, the appearance of the product you receive may differ from the one advertised.
All Forge Motorsport products come with a limited lifetime warranty. All warranty claims must be accompanied by the original proof of purchase to enable us to help you. Failure to supply this proof will result in your claim or enquiry being denied.
For further information, please call our customer service team on +44(0)1452 380999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do not use aggressive (acidic) car cleaning products, particularly traffic film remover solutions or shampoos to clean your intercooler, radiator or oil cooler. The use of these products can damage Forge Motorsport cooling systems and invalidate your warranty. These are often found at car washes. A light, warm, soapy solution (free of harsh acidic cleaning compounds) should be used to clean you cooler and thoroughly rinsed away. We recommend that you should inspect your product on a regular basis for bent and/or crushed fins. Any bent fins should be carefully straightened to allow ambient air to pass through the core face. At the time of installing your Forge radiator, an approved coolant must be used and added to the coolant system. Be sure you never mix coolant and always use distilled water.